Queen Holds First Audience in Windsor After Sprains | Queen

The Queen has completed her first official engagement since her absence from a memorial Sunday service by meeting the face of the head of the resigning army.

The 95-year-old monarch welcomed General Sir Nick Carter, chief of defense staff, to Windsor Castle on Wednesday as he prepares to step down at the end of the month.

The queen, who withdrew from Cenotaph three days ago after being sprained, was photographed greeting Carteria Windsor in an oak room.

The monarch, who is the commander of the armed forces, shook hands and chatted with the general. The Oak Room is the queen’s living room where she spends most of her time and who also works in her office.

This is the first time in nearly a month that the Queen has been described as engaging in an engagement since she hosted a reception for a global investment summit at Windsor Castle on 19 October. He met Boris Johnson face to face last week, but was not described as doing so.

In the descriptions of the meeting, Carter is seen entering the room when the Queen’s curious elderly dorgi Candy first greeted her. The general peeks down to look at Candy, who jumps back nervously as Carter begins to walk forward to meet the ruler.

At the meeting, Carter discussed his time as army chief and told the monarch that he had been in office for eight years. The queen said it was “quite sad” that she left, adding, “It’s been a long time.”

The general mentioned the late uncle of the Duke of Edinburgh, saying: “It is a long time. In fact, the only person who has done longer, I am told, is Lord Mountbatten… so I am quite surprised by all this. ” The queen laughed and replied, “Oh really? Or so?”

He added, “I think if you get to that job, it’s easier to continue, isn’t it?” Carter replied, “I think that’s right. However, I have to say that I think there will come a time when it is ready to continue.

Leave a Comment